Elections for NUS LGBT+ Conference
During LGBTUA+ History Month, the LGBTUA+ community at Warwick will be electing delegates to represent them at NUS LGBT+ Conference.
NUS LGBT+ Students' Conference is the sovereign policy-making body of the LGBT+ Students' Campaign, which is a politically autonomous part of NUS UK. The conference brings together delegates from students' unions across the country (who are affiliated to NUS UK) to discuss, debate and vote on motions and elect the political leadership for the year ahead. It is taking place on 5th-6th March in Holiday Inn Royal Victoria Sheffield, Victoria Station Rd.
You can find out more about the conference here.
The NUS LGBT+ Conference delegate places up for election are:
- 1 Open Place (open to any LGBT+ student).
- 2 Women’s Place (open to any LBT+ student who defines as a woman, including (if they wish) those with gender identities which include 'woman', and those who experience oppression as women).
- 1 Trans Place (open to any student who defines as trans)
- 1 QTIPOC Place (open to Queer Trans Intersex People of Colour who define as African, Middle Eastern, Afro-Caribbean or Asian descent; and/or descended from the indigenous populations of the Americas and/or the South Pacific).
- 1 Disabled Place (open to any LGBT+ disabled student).
To nominate yourself…
If you are eligible and would like to nominate yourself for any of the delegate places above, please email email@example.com, including your name, and the place(s) you wish to nominate yourself for.
You will be invited to give a short speech (maximum length of 2 minutes) at the elections on Monday 18th February, 12-1pm in Meeting Room 2 (SU HQ). If you are unable to attend, please send a speech of equivalent length, which will be read out on your behalf.
To vote in the elections…
You are entitled to vote in the election of delegate places for which you meet the nomination criteria e.g. for NUS LGBT+ Conference Open Place, all LGBT+ students are eligible to vote, for NUS LGBT+ Conference Disabled Place, all LGBT+ disabled students are eligible to vote.
Elections will be taking place on Monday 18th February, 12-1pm in Meeting Room 2 (SU HQ). If you would like further information about the elections or nominations process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.