Warwick SU President
Hi, I’m Will and I’m your SU President. I want to nurture an active and engaged campus; where everyone feels safe and supported with a President fighting for them.
Fun fact about me:
I'm a big tennis fan (Nadal is the GOAT) and I love everything Star Wars.
My role and what I hope to achieve this year:
As your President, my role is to be the primary representative of the Union and be the point of liaison within the highest University structures.
It is my job to be the spokesperson for all communications to external bodies and lead the Full-Time Officer Team to creating impactful change within our community.
This year my key aims are:
- Delivering the Governance Regeneration Project, changing how this Union works and looks to better represent our student body and act on its behalf.
- Ensuring that there is sufficient admin provision to enable proper support and provide a full training programme for club and society execs, with a particular focus on Report & Support and welfare training.
- Make the activities of the SU more public and transparent, keeping students in touch with what we’re doing and creating an SU that you all feel a part of.
- Ensure the perspectives and policies of PTOs and liberation groups are reflected in the work of the SU, holding regular meetings where required so that key work can be aided by FTOs and SU staff.
- Carry out a review across clubs & societies looking at the composition of their exec structure compared to their membership base over key areas such as gender, BAME, LGBTQUA+ and postgraduates.
- Delivering a large scale Town Hall on reporting, live-streamed to all students, with the aim of debunking myths and increasing trust to better tackle key issues around the reporting of sexual misconduct and discrimination.
Whatever your issue, you can always find myself and the Full-Time Officer Team in the office next to the SU Reception.
The President's office is on the first floor of SUHQ.
024 765 72777
The election for this role takes place during our Spring Elections in term 2. You can find out more about this role and the others available by visiting our elections webpages.
Find out more about SU elections
View my manifesto
View my vote count
Reports from previous officers
- There are no officer reports yet
- There are no archived reports for this year